Thursday, January 9, 2014

What's Been Happening?

I took a long time away from the blog. During that time, I did a lot of things, including a big household move. I also wrote some songs and two books. The songs are still in progress. I'm struggling to self-record many of them, which means that I'm doing all the instruments and it happens in fits and starts. One of the books - Squash Does Yoga - has been self-published.

It's a children's picture book about yoga. My sons illustrated it for me for my birthday. It started out just as a hand-made book for our friend Paula, but it grew into something bigger pretty quickly.

I am spending the first two months of 2014 editing the other book, which is tentatively called "Just a Regular School Day (with Bullies, Aliens, and Other Monsters)". I wrote this book during National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), which takes place each year in November. If you write 50,000 words in the month, you "win". It's a great way to get ideas down quickly on paper. This is my second year taking part in the process. Somehow, it feels less terrifying to be writing 50,000 words in the company of hundreds of thousands of other people around the globe who also are striving to achieve the win. If all goes well, this book also will be self-published by the end of the year.

I hope to get back into writing the blog as well as keeping up with some of my other social media-related promotional work for my teaching this year. Teaching has been wonderful. I hope to be able to use the blog to process and share some of the things I've learned about yoga, mindfulness, and the universe in general as we work in to 2014.

Much love to you all. Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment