Friday, March 11, 2016

Mini-Lessons on Contemplative Practice, Lovingkindness 4 of 7

Today, practice the phrases for yourself as follows:

May I be safe and protected.
May I be peaceful.
May I live with kindness and with ease.
May I accept myself as I am.

As much as is possible, hold yourself in your heart and allow yourself to feel the words and the sentiments pointed to by the words. Know that, for some of us, this category is the most difficult. Go easy with yourself.

Kristin Neff has done amazing work in the field of self-compassion. She has guided meditations and other self-compassion exercises on her website, along with a wealth of information about why these practices are useful and can lead to greater ease and health. Do yourself a favor and do the research and the practices today. And every day, if you can swing it. Even if you say the words for yourself before you fall asleep each night and before you get out of bed in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment